Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Tasty bits...

So in preparation for the big Reps Weekend that I am so pumped about (mainly because I'm going to bust out my best flapper outfit and run rabid through the NH liquor store celebrating the 100th+ anniversary of Repeals Day **Thank you for the idea Christina!) I took my snowboard to get waxed today at Ski Market.

On the drive to Ski Market I had to get on 95 South and was humming along until I had to change lanes to get off the exit for Woburn. So I do the good ol' mirror check to see what I'm up against with the exit only 1/4 mile away. All the sudden I notice that there are a bunch of cars in the right lane with their hazards on and little purple flags....it was a frickin' funeral procession. So I know from experience that you are NEVER supposed to interrupt the procession out of respect for the dead. So I'm freaking out trying to figure out what to do as I slow my car down to 30 mph on 95 and I'm getting horns and fingers left and right. I started sweating bullets because it was now or never, I had to either cut through the procession or go to the next exit and turn around. Now I'm respectful...to a degree. I had no choice but to cut through the procession and vear last minute off onto the exit as I got the stink eye from the car I passed in front of. I made my exit, but prayed to the dead guy not to hex me with a car accident for ruining his procession.....

So, I finally get to the Ski Market and as I walk in I'm greeted by a Ski Market worker who's idea of customer service is waving at me with a full cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee while giving me the nod and asking "What do ya need?" So I told him I needed a wax and a binding change (I'm going to try not boarding goofy...fingers crossed!) and he asked me what model of board I had. Not knowing shit about boards or the proper vernacular, I told him it was a Burton. He laughed at me and asked me what kind. I had to look on the board and tell him that it was an "A.49" whatever that means and he said "Whoooaaaaaaa...that's old school!" Long story-short....he's not getting a tip.

So despite that fact that I have an antiquated snowboard, I'm PUMPED for this weekend. It certainly will not be the same with out S. Traweek and I will eat 40 pieces of cheese at the Cabot tasting station in her honor.

I am also pumped about the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show...let's just say they better have a TV tuned into it at Silvertone's or I'll be "stillin" the wait staff. (See how I worked that in there!....that's racial!)

3 comments:

Sarah Dawn said...

HAAAAAAAAAAHAHA, Lauren, I don´t think I would have cut them off, but then again, I am just afraid to switch lanes in general.

I wish I could go to reps...

Kiki Ma said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kiki Ma said...

haha what kind of funeral procession rides on the freeway!? were they in a mad rush to get this guy buried!? they're supposed to stay on side streets! i'm sorry, but there is no respect for the dead on roads that begin with I-
GAC!